[obol] Re: Swainson's Thrush are in (Washington County)

  • From: Colby Neuman <colby.neuman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 21:57:13 -0700

Dave, Dwight and Michael,

Thanks for the comments and giving it a listen.  I'll have to look into
some software that will reduce the background noise and bring out the call
better.  The general call type (their daytime contact call?...it's somewhat
similar to their nocturnal flight call) on my recording can be heard much
better on this recording by Andrew Spencer from the Okanogan found on
xeno-canto at second 21, 1:15, 1:20, 1:22, 1:25...

http://www.xeno-canto.org/143410

Still being relatively new with PacNW bird calls, I just wanted to make
sure there isn't another bird out there that produces something similar.

Colby