[obol] Summer Lake

  • From: Charles Gates <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 17:30:12 -0700

Jeff Nordstrom and I went to Summer Lake today.  We were looking for shorebirds and migrant passerines.  We found both but the most unusual passerine was a Western Tanager.  There were good numbers of Western and Least Sandpipers.  We found nearly 10 Baird's Sandpipers and nearly 1000 Long-billed Dowitchers.  Black-necked Stilts and American Avocets were still present along with quite a few Greater Yellowlegs.  The highlights were a Black-bellied Plover and a Snowy Egret.

We also found an intergrade Northern Flicker at the Summer Lake Rest Area - Pictures at - https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48777538

You can see the entire list for the Summer Lake tour route at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48781406

--
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for
sure that just ain't so.

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

---