[obol] Spotted Sanpiper

  • From: <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 17:45:59 -0700

This morning, while sitting at Redmon Pond, I saw far fewer flocks of
shorebirds flying up the river than I have the last few days. A look from the
viewing platform at the refuge showed good numbers on the opposite side of the
marsh but the tide was high. So it goes.

I only had 3 Least Sandpiper at the pond and did not see the Short Billed
Dowitcher that I have been encountering. I did, however, have a visit from 2
Spotted Sandpiper. One was particularly cooperative,flying over and feeding
right in front of me.

As always, images are posted to www.dimockanddimockphoto.com/steve and to
https://www.facebook.com/SteveDimockPhotography.

Gotta love spring.