[obol] Songfinder

  • From: Kevin Smith <kevinsmithnaturephotos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 19:09:50 -0800

To those who are hearing 'limited' I have demo'd my 'Songfinder' to many of you who cannot hear the high frequencies of many birds and the normal response is "WOW! I've been missing this for how many years??"  For those of you who have been to the web site 'HearBirdsagain.com' and come away UN-impressed I am sorry.  The Songfinder for ME is the BEST $$$ I have ever spent for birding.  That said, sure there are times when it cannot be used-- On a windy day, near a waterfall, in a group of other birders, when listening for birds and hearing insects and I am sure there are others too.  AND, YES it is expensive.  But hey! You have spent big $$ for good bins and more for a good camera and lens.  The Songfinder is but one more tool for specific persons who cannot hear high frequencies.  Most if not all 'hearing aids' on the market today are not manufactured to include the high frequencies which birds sing at.  They are made so that PEOPLE hear PEOPLE, and that doesn't normally include birds singing at 9000 plus hertz.

Any questions?? Please let me know.  I am willing to talk to you about the problem.  I wish I could get a commission on this gadget but Herb and Lang don't do that  (and I can understand).

Kevin Smith  (user and proponent of the Songfinder)