[obol] Some birds from Summer Lake CBC.

  • From: jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Cobol <Cobol@xxxxxxxxx>, Obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 04:24:48 +0000

Sheila Timony and Cherry Williams joined me to do a sector on the Summer Lake CBC today.o Some of our highlights,

13 American Tree Sparrows around irrigation line between county rd and North Orchard, or old name, Turner Place.

Only owls, two Great Horned in the thickest area of tree plantings at Turner. 3 Virginia Rails in the marsh to the north.

Red-shouldered hawk at Trout farm, private, restricted access. Had 3 more V rails there.

Ana Res, Black Phoebe around boat ramp access. Vax birders saw one near there 6 or so weeks ago. 2 Greater Yellowlegs along south shore, Bewick's Wren around inlet. No rare waterfowl but a decent mix.

LOW numbers of raptors and sparrows. No falcons all day, not even a Kestrel found by our team although Marty provided perfect weather for us. Chattering Marsh Wrens in many places cheered us along.

Always a super place to spend time. Good birding, Judy, jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxx