[obol] Snowy Owl location and Gull id requested

  • From: Beverly Hallberg <mapsout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 09:50:43 -0800

Hi al,

I was planning a trip to Tillamook so will try to find the Snowy Owl, but I
don't understand how the street address listed is near the jetty. It looks
like it's near the Shilo Inn and Fred Meyer. Can someone who knows the
valley better help me with this?

Also I took a picture of a hooded gull this morning on Nehalem Bay. It was
pretty far out and hard to detect without bins. I'm guessing it's a
Heermann's Gull but would like another opinion. Sorry for the lousy pic
with misty rain and distance this is the best I can do.

https://flic.kr/p/BfeBeu
https://flic.kr/p/ACuita

Good birding, Beverly