[obol] Snow Bunting, Longspur, Larks, Linn County

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 12:22:43 -0800

There were two SNOW BUNTINGS on Davis Road 10:30 - 11:30 Sunday 11?22. Also
100 Horned Larks, and an uncertain number of longspurs. I kept hearing them as
flocks swirled about. Got good looks at a Lapland Longspur that landed near me,
alone. Go south on Davis Rd from Bellplain past the first section marker
(railroad tie vertical in the ground) with a pine sapling next to it. A quarter
mile further is a second section marker . South of it is some annual crop that
has been treated with herbicide. All of the above species were using it, as
well as the plowed field on the east side of the road. The Snow Buntings were
sometimes with larks and also came and went a lot alone. They routinely
returned to the road here. This is the most larks I've ever encountered in
western Oregon. Lars