[obol] Small clarification on Redmond sandpipers

  • From: M Gonzalez <towhee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, COBOL <cobol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 23:19:25 -0500 (EST)

For the record, I would like to clarify, or modify my earlier report of Western
Sandpipers at Redmond sewage treatment plant today.

The sky was overcast and the light was flat. Though the legs appeared to be
dark, I cannot say they were not yellow. The peeps were in the distance and I
should have really just left them as unidentified peeps. By date, these should
have been Least sandpipers. Also, I noticed that the infallible Steve Dougill
submitted to eBird a list from Redmond STP on Nov. 1 very similar in species
and numbers to mine, but with Least, not Western, Sandpipers.

Mark

--
Mark Gonzalez
Bend, Oregon