[obol] Slightly out of OR RBA: Little Bunting in Humboldt Co., CA

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 18:59:52 +0000

Greetings all,
I just got off the phone with David Fix, who reports that late yesterday a
LITTLE BUNTING was found in Humboldt County, California. The bird was seen
again this morning by him and many others. I did not have a way to record all
the directions, but they can be heard on the Northern California "BirdBox"
recording at 1-707-822-5666. Once you get in, hit #2 to hear the report and get
directions to the site.
This is just the 4th Little Bunting for the Lower 48, with one in Oregon
earlier this year and two prior records for California. Good luck to any who
might decide to chase this bird.
Dave IronsPortland, OR