[obol] Slate-colored Junco, Philomath Ponds 9-7

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 09:51:08 -0700

There's quite a lot of seed spread around the sw corner of the water
treatment ponds. I saw a Yellow-rumped Warbler seemingly sampling the wares. So
much weed seed still on the vine that many birds seem uninterested in the
Bi-Mart special. I saw the Slate-colored immediately upon parking. It was
skulking on the margin of the service road, not in the seed patch. I finally
detected Black Phoebe after countless visits without. There are certainly
plenty of bugs. It was at the target end of the shooting range when I drove
out. Lars