[obol] Siskiyou Summit Sandhills

  • From: frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:50:02 -0700

Have been living up by the Siskiyou Summit near I-5 for 25 years and we
always get a small number (low hundreds) heading north in February.
And a few flocks passover on their return. As Alan suggests most, likely,
veer over to hit the Klamath marshes.

As far as Greater White-fronted Geese go we see and hear good numbers both
ways though I sometimes notice flocks turning toward the Klamath Basin in
the fall.
This year for example I heard and saw from my location well over 5000
White-fronted back in September when there was a big movement. This is over
a few day period.

Both species get your pulse up. And there is nothing like the sound of the
cranes returning in February especially when there is snow swirling about

good birding,
frank