[obol] Singing Merlin, Pixieland (Lincoln) 5-7-2013

  • From: "dawn" <d_villa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 20:16:41 -0400

Had a MERLIN at Pixieland this morning as I made my survey -- it was perched at
the tip of a tree. It relocated nearby when a Red-winged Blackbird dove at it,
where it called a few times before a Tree Swallow dove and it flew out of view.
I never knew that Merlins "sing" -- it was really a very nice sound. Wish it
would have hung around for pix though - on the upper perch it was too
silhouetted, but the lower branch would have been great. Oh well, it was still
fun!

dawnLincoln City/Nelscott
Blogging About the Coast
dvillabirds.blogspot.com
Sometimes things come when you stop looking