[obol] Re: Shy thrushes

  • From: Romain Cooper <romain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx,obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 19:12:15 -0800

As easy to see as "our" (state of Oregon) wintering Hermit Thrush are, not so easy to "observe" HETH during the Oregon breeding season. And, in habitat, HETH are common and easy to here. Not unlike Swainson's Thrush in that respect.

At 05:28 PM 12/17/2021, larspernorgren wrote:

I concur with Robert. SWTH is probably the commonest breeding bird at my home in the Coast Range, but l seldom see them. I think the data in David Bailey's master's thesis showed them to be the commonest breeding bird on public greenspace in Portland, but l imagine most human residents could spend three score years and ten here without seeing one.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Romain Cooper
10398 Takilma Road
Cave Junction, OR 97523
541-592-2311