[obol] Re: Sauvie island nonhunt days

  • From: Bonnie Comegys <blcomegys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Rakestraw <rakestrawbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 12:02:53 -0700

This is true, you might try visiting midweek for a less shotgun experience,
I'm on a bike ride on Sauvie Island right now, doing Gilham, Reeder rd, Oak
Island Road, have not heard any shots, just plenty of geese and sandhill
cranes and a pileated woodpecker just flew by at coon point, so might be a
lucky day

Bonnie Comegys
blcomegysATyahoo.com
NE Portland parkrose
On Oct 20, 2015 6:59 AM, "John Rakestraw" <rakestrawbirder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Be aware that the "non-hunting days" on Sauvie only apply to the state
wildlife area. Hunting on private property can occur any day, so guns may
be blasting away very close to birding areas.

John Rakestraw

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Bonnie Comegys <blcomegys@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

After a lot of googling and combing through hunting materials on the
Internet last night, I came up with east-west unit have nonhunt days on
October 18th, 20th, 22nd, 24th, so it is every other day and then was
trying to find the November schedule and appeared non-hunt days would start
November 3rd, 5th, and continue every other day.

--
John Rakestraw
Portland, OR