[obol] Sandy River Delta Brewer's Sparrow

  • From: Adrian Hinkle <adrian.hinkle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 11:57:08 -0700

My mom (Em Scattaregia) and I saw a Brewer's Sparrow out at Sandy River
Delta (Multnomah County) today. It was singing from atop a blackberry
bramble just NW of the northernmost pond. It was speculated that Brewer's
Sparrows nested in this area last year.

The usual suspects (YB Chat, Red-eyed Vireo, Eastern Kingbird, etc.) were
present as well. On Thursday I saw a Western Kingbird at Broughton Beach.

Enjoy the sunshine!

Adrian