[obol] Sandhill crane movement near Eugene

  • From: Linda Gilbert <oregonjunco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 12:25:22 -0700

Twice in the spring I have been hiking up Mt. Pisgah on the west side and
watched SANDHILL CRANES go by heading north, seemingly following the Coast Fork
of the Willamette. It definitely got the attention of all the hikers as the
birds passed by fairly close, calling. They seemed to follow the freeway as
they headed north toward the west side of the Coburg Hills. Last fall on Nov 8
I read on OBOL about cranes passing Silverton. It had been a few hours since
the post and I stepped outside and heard cranes going by. I'm about 6 miles
west of the freeway, which is about where I assume they were, but heard the
sound clearly.Linda GilbertEugene