[obol] Sandhill Cranes, Walterville, OR

  • From: Vickie Buck <vlbuck@xxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <Obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:15:42 -0700

We, Jon Petersen and I, live in Walterville which is just east of Springfield
off of Hwy 126. Our elevation is just starting to climb out of the valley. We
both heard SANDHILL CRANES yesterday, Wednesday, around 3:00 pm. Looking at
records, we see or hear them every Fall from about mid-September to
mid-November. One year they flew over in February. It's still always a surprise
to me, and exhilarating to hear the calls.

Vickie Buck
Walterville, OR