[obol] S. Coast Black-vented Shearwaters and Tropical Kingbird

  • From: Christopher Hinkle <christopher.hinkle2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 21:47:58 -0700

Midday we saw a Tropical Kingbird 2.4 miles out the road to Cape Blanco
from the highway, a bit before you drop down to the marsh and enter the
state park. Cape Blanco was blustery.

Around 2:00 we headed back to Coquille Point. Shortly after arriving I had
good views through the scope of a southbound Black-vented Shearwater. Tom
Crabtree joined us and spotted another Black-vented Shearwater off to the
north. We might have seen a few more but they were too far to be sure.
Otherwise, few birds.

Stopped by the platform at Bandon Marsh and saw the same shorebirds Alan
had, but nothing rare.

Good birding,

Christopher Hinkle