[obol] Ross's Goose, Vancouver Lake vicinity, WA

  • From: "Jim Johnson" <jt_johnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Portland Area Birds " <portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 15:21:35 -0800

I found an immature ROSS'S GOOSE today among a few hundred Snows and several
hundred Cackling Geese near Vancouver Lake, Clark Co., Washington. These
were in the field between Lower River Road (SR 501) and Old Lower River Road
(not posted, but this is just south of the flushing channel and where SR 501
splits). When I drove by again a couple hours later, the field was deserted.

Singles have been reported in the area over the last month or more, but
photos of some look like adults. I'm sure multiple birds are involved.
Photos of today's bird are linked to my eBird submission:

Jim Johnson

Vancouver, Washington