[obol] Red-breasted Sapsucker

  • From: Janet and Phil Lamberson <pjlamberson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 06:57:53 -0800

The Red-breasted Sapsucker(s) that have been hanging out at my house
out at my house every fall/winter for years favor the Asian elm trees,
and sometimes the birch and the apples. These are all nonindigenous
tree species, so the occurrence of sapsuckers here may be anomalous.
They are rarely on the alders, though I have even seen them on the
Douglas fir and even the cedars. I always enjoy seeing them! I
wonder how long they live, and whether the same bird(s) are coming
here every year.