[obol] Powell Butte Portland Shrike and Y-S Flicker

  • From: Justin Cook <jrc7219@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 17:33:06 -0700

Hello,

I need a hand ID'ing a juvenile SHRIKE at Powell Butte in Portland (SE open
area on top). At first I was "oh yeah a Northern Shrike, cool man" then I
looked at the photos and now I'm trying to turn it into a Loggerhead. The
head seemed to get bigger, the beak shorter, and mask bigger. Sorry for
the sketchy photos. Lack of barring might be due to quality and distance.

https://flic.kr/p/zCnd4N
https://flic.kr/p/zUYUrv

Also had a Yellow-shafted Northern Flicker southeast of the main parking:

https://flic.kr/p/zVUy1D
https://flic.kr/p/yXX8Es

Tried for Mountain Chickadees but I couldn't find any.

Thanks for the help!
Justin