[obol] Re: Potential for Hooded Oriole range expansion into Oregon?

  • From: Harry Fuller <atowhee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joel.geier@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 09:29:43 -0700

fan palms are the key...the birds pull those strings out of the end of each
finger of the palm and weave those into a nest...when I lived in San
Francisco, we'd look for Hooded Orioles wherever there were mature fan
palms...they didn't always nest in the palms but were usually not far
off...if you want Hooded Orioles, plant fan palms

--
Harry Fuller
author of FREEWAY BIRDING, see: *freewaybirding.com