[obol] Possible light morph Harlans

  • From: Kathleen Krall <krallfamily@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 09:46:11 -0800

The bird seen the last two days is still in the same field north of Hwy 6, west
of the weigh station. Mike got good photos today, showing dark carpal
crescents, lighter patagials, a light tail base and barring in the tail
feathers and primaries. It looks like the juvenile light morph Harlans in the
top left crner of page 65 in the Crossley Guide, just as Will Risser thought.
When we get back to Portland late this afternoon we will post a link to photos.
Right or wrong, i am looking forward to learning from any input!

Kathy

Sent from my iPhone