[obol] Re: Possible Jack Snipe in Curry County

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chuck Gates <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 09:31:45 -0700

This is the time of year when Jack Snipe can be expected to arrive in Oregon if
they are coming. I am going to actively search for them near Florence in the
next four weeks as the habitat gets moist.

And Chuck, if you flew off over the trees I am not at all surprised that you
were left looking at each other. This is undignified behavior in a mature
birder, even this close to Halloween, and we trust it won’t happen again. Bad
enough that Diane sideswiped the Umpqua bridge cables two weeks back, and she a
professional.

Alan Contreras
acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

On Oct 17, 2015, at 8:43 AM, Charles Gates <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"I flew off over the trees and we were left just looking at each other.
Because neither of us have experience with this bird and because it appeared
to fly off, we neglected to record the bird or report it.