[obol] Pictures of recent rare birds from Baskett Slough

  • From: Brandon Wagner <bmwboarder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oregon birding online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Midvalley Birding <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 22:52:44 -0700

Hey friends,

I am working on adding my photos to my ebird checklists, so I thought I
would share with you all too. None of these are really very good pictures
as far as photography goes, but they do show some of the rare birds that
have been seen at Baskett Slough in the last couple weeks.  It has really
been an amazing place this May.

Hudsonian Godwit:
https://flic.kr/p/nFebbP
https://flic.kr/p/nDbC3s

Ruddy Turnstone:
Very distant/blurry, but identifiable:
https://flic.kr/p/nDcjxL

American Avocet:
https://flic.kr/p/noK5Tm

Bonapartes Gull:
https://flic.kr/p/nEWPHx

Purple Martin:
https://flic.kr/p/noJU4K

Caspian Tern:
https://flic.kr/p/noKhFu

There have also been numerous Black-necked Stilts, Wilson's Phalaropes, and
Red-necked Phalaropes, but I haven't gotten a chance to get photos of those
yet..  I look forward to seeing what the rest of the month holds!

Cheers friends!
Brandon Wagner
Independence

PS:  If anyone happens to see either Black Terns or Western Kingbirds
around Baskett Slough area, I'd love to hear about it.