[obol] Photos: Streaked Horned Lark- Linn County

  • From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 19:42:52 -0800

Lars recently posted on obol about his raptor run this last Sunday.  I
followed his directions to Linn County looking for the short-eared owls to
photograph.  I did find the tree described off Davis Road.  Yesterday
morning there was only a Red-tailed hawk there and a Fox & Savannah sparrow
on the ground nearby.  Traveling along Davis Rd. in Linn County I came
across a few Streaked Horned Larks.  They flew away except for one that
posed for some photographs.  Thanks Lars for the good directions to the
area and I plan to return in the future to add a short-eared owl to my owl
photo collection.  Click on link below for Lark photos.  Happy Birding, Jim
Leonard.

https://plus.google.com/photos/108302360004365615395/albums/5956341302720733361?authkey=CPeK-Zy2vKSe-wE