[obol] Photos: Pileated Woodpecker Macleay area east of Salem

  • From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:37:09 -0700

I was working on my computer when my wife came into the house and said
there was a Pileated Woodpecker in the large fir tree in our backyard.  I
grabbed my camera and took some photos from the upstairs bedroom through
the window.  We live in the Macleay area east of Salem in the country and
have many mature fir, oak and maple trees on our property.  We have seen a
Pileated several times here during the last 6 years we have lived here.
Click on link below for a couple of photos.  Happy Birding, Jim Leonard.  (
I use Google's Picasa to create a link to photos.  A couple of people in
the past have had trouble opening the link.  If you do, just email me and I
will send the link directly to you through an email.)

https://plus.google.com/photos/108302360004365615395/albums/6026815607878724705?authkey=CJW99Jz1rbynYA