[obol] Re: Photo sharing sites

  • From: "Madeline Rae, DVM" <amazonvet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birds Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 08:08:49 -0700

Flickr seems to have slowed quite noticeably this week. I am theorizing that it is due to increased traffic associated with their recent major upgrade. Still, I have pretty good success using Flickr with Google Chrome, and recommend trying that.

Max Rae

On 5/21/2013 12:10 PM, David Heath wrote:

Following up on my RFO of yesterday, this morning, as an experiment, I installed Firefox to see if a different browser would give different results from my IE8. Oddly enough, it did. It's still pretty slow, but at least my Flickr photostream and sets do load in Firefox (they didn't at all in IE8, even leaving the browser open more than a half hour).

I probably won't have a good notion of how usable Flickr is, even in Firefox, until the next time I try to upload a significant number of photos, so keep the feedback coming. So far I've heard from users of Picasa and Imgur.

David