[obol] Photo Journal of a Great Horned Owl nest in Eugene

  • From: Priscilla Nam Hari Kaur <priscillanhk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Priscilla Nam Hari Kaur <priscillanhk@xxxxxxxxx>, Priscilla Nam Hari Kaur <pnhks55@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 18:09:09 -0700

I had the good fortune to be told about a Great Horned Owl here in Eugene,
back in February. It was in a somewhat vulnerable location so I only went
out to photograph it every two or three weeks for the most part and we did
not share it's location or talk about it with anyone. I put together a
photo/journal about the nest on my website.  By now, at about 11 weeks of
age, the single Owlet is likely flying well enough to get around, and
besides, a  volunteer working for the Parks department leaked information
about the nest a few weeks ago so word is out.  I was told about that by
one of the people who the volunteer had told about it. I've not been back
to the nest since May 16, but hope to go at sunset one of these days and
just sit and watch what goes on....

.... anyway ...
Here's the link to the photo-journal webpage:

JOURNAL <http://priscillanhk.com/Great_Horned_Owl_Nest_2014.html>
http://priscillanhk.com/Great_Horned_Owl_Nest_2014.html

Enjoy!
Priscilla Sokolowski