[obol] Photo Identification correction for Merlin

  • From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 08:10:30 -0800

I have received two emails that my first Merlin photo is a Juvenile
Cooper's Hawk. This hawk was very small, about the size of a Kestrel. Two
other birders at Pintail Marsh at Ankeny NWR stated they thought it was a
Merlin because of size and markings. I have mislabeled hawks before so I
might just label them a hawk and let people email me as what it is. Sorry
about the mix up. Jim Leonard.