[obol] Pheasant In Urban Area

  • From: Donald Burns <burnsdacey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 22:18:56 -0700

The below Ring-necked Pheasant has been in our area yards this morning.  We are between Portland Golf Club and Jesuit High School, so half-acre lot urban.  Not good photos as the first through a woven wire fence and second a shoot-from-the-hip photo.  I am wondering if it escaped from a property owner who might have raised it, such as with chickens, as it did not seem as wild as the many wild pheasants I have seen.  This is the first pheasant in our yard in 48 years, though there were pheasants in an undeveloped property a bit south of us in the late 1970s.

JPEG image

JPEG image