[obol] Painted Bunting

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:55:50 -0800

The Millicoma Painted Bunting was a slam dunk 4:30 Thursday afternoon (Feb13).
Life bird for my son August, state bird for me. And it wasn't a shameless
carbonivorous chase. We were in town on business, our order wasn't ready. Also
present was a Slate-colored Fox Sparrow, which I had never seen before. It
matched the picture in Sibley well: bright orange-brown tail, rump, and wings,
solid warm gray back and head. Faint double wingbars (brown, not white),
chocolate colored spots on the flanks coalescing into stripes.  Lars