[obol] Re: Overwintering black throated blue in Houston used hummingbird feeders

  • From: jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 15:01:36 -0800

But are any of the PDX neighborhood feeders the type with a perch near the feeding port? I presume the warbler would need the type with a perch. Some call this feeder design an "oriole feeder". Judy Meredith, jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 01-09-2017 14:53, David Irons wrote:

Will,

There are multiple hummer feeders at this location.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 9, 2017, at 2:49 PM, Will Risser <wlrisser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jan and I had a male first winter black throated blue warbler winter with us when we lived in Houston. It regularly made the rounds of the many hummingbird feeders that we had in our yard (eight species of hb wintered with us over a 20 year period.). Perhaps the Portland bird would like a feeder or two, if none is present at its location.
Will Risser, Portland

POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JOIN OR QUIT: //www.freelists.org/list/obol
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol