[obol] Re: Odd Oriole reported/Eugene

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dcsbird@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 19:59:28 -0700

I suggest that Scott's Oriole is the most likely candidate if the description
is accurate.  They can often be attracted to grape jelly in a bowl.  Also check
any blooming red hot pokers in the area.   There are two Oregon records of the
species.  I am not saying that an Audubon's Oriole is impossible, just that
Scott's is similar, and more likely, though either is a great rarity in Oregon

Jeff Gilligan