[obol] Oakridge CBC will be on December 18th unless all heck breaks loose

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 19:42:52 -0800

Hi all,

The Oakridge CBC is now scheduled for Friday, December 18th.

We're billing this as the MOST CIVILIZED CBC IN OREGON, as we'll meet in
a warm comfy bakery (Lion Mountain Bakery) that will provide box lunches
for those who want to order one. Our wrap-up will be at Brewer's Union
Local #180, where the brewmaster and proprietor, Senõr Ted, is a veteran
of the Ithaca, New York CBC.

In between those end points ... well it might not be quite as civilized
since this is one of Oregon's few mountain counts. So there's a
possibility of adventure during the day, but warm places and good food
at both ends of the day. What more could you ask for?

Last year we recorded Mountain Chickadees before anyone else in western
Oregon was thinking about them. We plan to be ahead of the curve on
something else this year (but exactly what is a deep, dark secret,
possibly only to be revealed after a pint at the countdown).

Please contact me if you're interested. I don't want to exaggerate the
sense of adventure, but again, this is a mountain count, and it's good
to know who's coming. I don't head out into the field myself, until
everyone that we're expecting on count day is accounted for.

Happy near-winter birding,
Joel

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis (with dual citizenship in Oakridge)