[obol] Negative gnus: Gnashing on Gnatcatcher just gnow

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: MidValley Birds <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 09:39:13 -0700

Looks like the gnatcatcher may have moved away from our yard area, just
a few minutes before Lars Norgren stopped by. I also couldn't find it
when I went up on the lot to check around 9 AM.

The bird may have moved a bit farther north along the base of the ridge,
farther onto Coffin Butte landfill buffer lands which are inaccessible.
I'm hopeful though that it will swing back to our yard later in the day,
as the habitat seems more favorable in this direction.

I'll check again toward noon.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis