[obol] Multi Owl melody Silverton Hills

  • From: roger freeman <carrotguy55@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 21:29:03 -0700

Stepped outside about 915 pm this evening to listen to the night, and had a
GREAT HORNED OWL calling not too far to our north while simultaneously a
WESTERN SCREECH-OWL was calling from below our house in the yard. I'm
sure the WSO could hear the GHO, but not sure about the reverse. Can't
recall hearing both calling at the same time before.

Went all summer without a "hoot" but calling has become almost a nightly
occurrence this past month.

Roger Freeman
East of Silverton, OR.