[obol] Re: Mt Tabor uptick this a.m

  • From: Adrian Hinkle <adrian.hinkle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 10:06:43 -0700

Like Tom, I've noticed a recent uptick in migrants at Tabor. Several days
ago I had my first Black-throated Grays of the fall for the park. Today, I
spent a couple hours and found the following:

Vaux's Swift - 15
Anna's Hummer - 47
Rufous Hummer - 35
WW Pewee - 16
Pacific-slope Flycatcher - 9
Hutton's Vireo - 5 (inc. family group)
Cliff Swallow - 1
Orange-crowned Warbler - 2
MacGillivray's Warbler - 1
Yellow Warbler - 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 1
Black-throated Gray Warbler - 8
Wilson's Warbler - 5
Western Tanager - 7
Black-headed Grosbeak - 9
Bullock's Oriole - 2

Tabor gets little coverage during August/September compared to April/May.
Some of my best birds at Tabor have been during August and September, and
now is certainly the time to see big numbers of hummingbirds. Of the birds
mentioned above, the orioles were the only ones I was surprised to see.

Happy fall,

Adrian Hinkle