[obol] Mt Tabor addendum, Manning WETA

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 08:20:16 -0700

There is a Western Tanager calling in the tree above my head just now (8:00am)
May 1. I don't write this stuff down, but that seems earlier than average for
our home, 25 miles nw of downtown Portland.
Before joining the group on Mt Tabor yesterday morning I saw one Golden-crowned
Sparrow during an unsuccessful search for flycatchers just east of the stairs
that go up the north end.
A Black-headed Grosbeak was just singing, simultaneous to Evening Grosbeaks
overhead. Also Pac-slope Flycatcher, so that makes three migrant species that
showed up here last night.   Lars