[obol] Mt. Tabor Sunday AM -- Cassin's Vireo and Black-throated Gray Warblers seen

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:31:53 +0000

Greetings All,

Shawneen and I spent the morning birding Mt. Tabor Park with Bob and Adrienne
Wolfe-Lockett and various others whom we encountered along the away. The park
was quite birdy with lots of Varied Thrushes, Hermit Thrushes, Ruby-crowned
Kinglets, Pine Siskins and Lesser Goldfinches. A pair of Cooper's Hawk were up
circling overhead and seen doing display flights. We had a few Fox Sparrows and
lots of paired up Dark-eyed Juncos gathering nesting material.

There were not a lot of neotropical migrants, but we did have at least five
Black-throated Gray Warblers and a half dozen or Townsend's Warblers plus the
first Cassin's Vireo seen in the park this year. Incredibly, we saw just one
Orange-crowned Warbler and only about 5-6 Yellow-rumped Warblers (all
Audubon's).

Dave Irons
Portland, OR