[obol] Mount Tabor, 3 May

  • From: Jay Withgott <withgott@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 12:28:29 -0700

There was a decent amount of activity on Mount Tabor this morning. The birds
were evenly spread throughout the park (as opposed to some other mornings when
they've been concentrated on the sunnier SE slope).  My full list is here:

Highlights, besides the numerous warblers, a handful of flycatchers, and
arrivals like Warbling Vireo, BH Grosbeaks, & Western Tanagers, were 1 HOUSE
WREN, 1 TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE, 1 WHITE-THROATED SPARROW, and 1 LAZULI BUNTING.

In addition, I had a vireo that appeared pure gray enough to be a PLUMBEOUS
VIREO, but it got away before I could get the thorough, extended, absolutely
stellar views that would be required to confirm such a sighting.  See notes in
list above.  Likely just a Cassin's (there were a couple of those up there
too), but I would have liked to see it better.

I did not see Candace and Patty's Lewis's Woodpecker (did not expect to, as I
suspect it was just moving through, but was keeping a close eye out for it the
whole time nonetheless).

Definitely birds moving, with new arrivals and turnover.

Jay Withgott, Portland