[obol] Re: Morrow County Blitz initial results

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <w.douglas.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 08:21:33 -0700

Doug,

Of course, I've put considerable effort into birding Morrow County in the
process of building my personal county list.  I lived in Pendleton a couple
years, which facilitated visiting.  I gave focused effort to hexagons and
squares in the county during the Breeding Bird Atals project.

I also had the help of Craig Corder in searching for special target birds.
One of the species I never found was the Yellow-breasted Chat, in spite of
visiting a site where Craig once found that species.  This was not an
easy-to-find species in Morrow County.

Now you speak of them like they were fairly easy to find.   I look forward
to seeing your results.

Good birding,

Paul Sullivan

---------------------------------------
Subject: Morrow County Blitz initial results
Date: Tue Jun 3 2014 9:29 am
From: w.douglas.robinson AT gmail.com

The Morrow County blitz was held 31 May - 1 June. Although the final tally
of results is still a few days away while we await getting all the data
compiled, I thought it would be interesting to share some initial results.

We had a super group out in the field birding in and around the 59 Oregon
2020 Hotspot Squares in Morrow County.

... a few YELLOW-BREASTED CHATS scattered across the county...

More results to come as we tally up checklists, how many squares we visited,
etc. But I think we all had a great time exploring such a nice part of the
state.

Doug