[obol] More Osprey

  • From: John Thomas <johnpam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:31:02 -0700

Just spotted an Osprey on Humpert Lane near Mt Angel Abbey. This nest has been
used for a number of seasons. FOY Osprey for us. A friend reported another
Osprey seen on nest along old Mt Angel-Silverton Hwy last Friday (west of 214,
now the main road).

"Soaring With Fidel" by David Gessner is a recommended book on Osprey
migration. Of course it's about east coast birds and some are tracked to
northern South America. Our west coast birds go at least as far as central west
coast Mexico according to what I've read. Would think some could also go much
further south like the east coast birds?

John Thomas
Silverton-Mt Angel