[obol] Marion County Feeder Request

  • From: Charles Gates <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:05:32 -0800

A small group of us are heading over for a day of birding in Marion County. We will use eBird and the Oregon Birding Site Guide to lead us to most known locations. However, we would like to include a couple of good feeder watches. If anyone has a good feeder station with lots of feeder birds and wouldn't mind having a group of 4 over for a visit on Monday, Feb 22, would you please contact me? Here's a partial list of feeder birds we would like to see:

Any accipiter
Band-tailed Pigeon
Anna's Hummingbird
Any non-flicker woodpecker
Mt Chickadee
Bushtit
Nuthatches
White-throated Sparrow
Purple Finch

I would also be happy to hear about the most current locations for a mix of gulls that is pretty easy to get to.

Any other advise will be gladly accepted. We will spend much of our time at Ankeny and then poke around the rest of the county as daylight allows.

--
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for
sure that just ain't so.

Chuck Gates
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,