[obol] Many Cacklers, even some meadowlarks at Yamhill Sewer

  • From: Harry Fuller <atowhee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 12:26:41 -0700

Yamhill Sewer Ponds yesterday had dozens of Cacklers, and even more
Shovelers, alone pair of Pintails in their eclipse camouflage, and a flock
of singing meadowlarks--first I have seen at that location. They are not
abundant in Yamhill as they were in Jackson County where much of the
grassland is frankly not suited for serious agriculture or even much use as
pasturage,
The groups got me to thinking about collective nonns for birds:
https://atowhee.wordpress.com/2015/10/21/collectively-speaking/

--
Harry Fuller
author of *Great Gray Owls of CA-OR-WA*, see: