[obol] Re: Linn Tricolored Blackbirds

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:52:13 -0700

Doug,

Thanks for this report.  However, it would help me if reporters not only
gave the ROAD and the COUNTY, but also the nearest town.  I didn't know if
Eicher Rd was near Brownsville, Sweet Home, or Peoria - until I put it into
Google, and they suggested Albany.  Then I was able to find where you were
talking about.

Thanks,

Paul Sullivan

===========================

Subject: Linn Tricolored Blackbirds
Date: Wed Jul 16 2014 9:31 am
From: w.douglas.robinson AT gmail.com

A female, followed closely, and very surprisingly to me, by 3 well-flighted
fledglings still being fed, were at the Eicher Rd quarry this morning. They
were moving a lot and foraging along the pond margins as well as in the
field east of the lake.

Also present were a single Bank Swallow regularly calling among hundreds of
Cliff and Tree Swallows, a very dark and large Peregrine Falcon, and a few
Least and Western Sandpipers.

Doug