[obol] Re: Linn County Snow Buntings

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:19:03 -0800

I probably saw tens of longspurs mixed with larks on the road this morning. It
was foggy and into the sun. I'm more familiar with Chestnut-collared and
McCown's (from experience in other states). When I got home and looked at a
book I discovered how strong a chest-band a winter Lapland Longspur can have.
The Snow Buntings were very viewer friendly. They returned often to the road.
It was a male and female. When I got into my car to leave (it was 33, not fun
anymore) they had walked to within 10-15m of the car. I almost didn't need
binocular. With greatly improved light this afternoon I was tempted to return.
LarsOn Nov 22, 2015, at 3:02 PM, jeffharding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Still present on Davis Road

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone