[obol] Linn County Burrowing Owl

  • From: "R. Adney Jr." <rfadney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mid Valley Bird List <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 19:24:06 -0700

So Tracey and I were out in Linn County Sunday photographing raptors, with good
luck I'll add and we brought along our 13 week old Border Collie pup "Finley".
Yes he's named after Albert Finley! We stopped at an opening into a field so
we could walk and potty the pup. I was looking around with the camera when
Tracey called out that a Burrowing owl had had flushed from the shallow ditch.
Sure enough, a small unbanded owl came out to say hello. As usual more curious
than scared it stood up and posed then walked into the grass camouflaging
itself. We are sure seeing more of these every year. I wonder f there are any
plans for a study of Burrowing Owls in the Willamette Valley.

Rich Adney

http://avianpics.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adneyvisualarts/
http://www.oregonimages.net