[obol] Re: Lincoln late report, Tropical Kingfisher, etc

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 16:55:40 -0800

I agree with Wayne. The starlings at Darrel Faxon’s place were imitating the
Great Crested Flycatcher after only two days.

They are also weirdly attuned to migration - in April, a little early, you will
hear them suddenly start doing pewees, which they generally don’t do in Feb and
March when they are pretty noisy. This leads to early reports of pewee.

Alan Contreras
acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

On Nov 4, 2015, at 4:44 PM, whoffman@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi -

Whenever I hear out-ofpseason birds that I cannot see, I suspect Starlings.

Wayne