[obol] Lincoln and Tillamook County weekend birds

  • From: "Nagi Aboulenein" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "aboulenein" for DMARC)
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 20:31:40 -0800

Taghrid and I had a pretty productive weekend birding Lincoln and Tillamook
counties this weekend.

Besides the usual suspects (various gulls, crows, sparrows, etc), had very nice
encounters with the following:

Dickcissel at Bayocean Spit
Northern Mockingbird at Bayocean Spit
Juvenile White-tailed Kites in mock air-to-air combat
Common and Hooded Mergansers
Glaucous-winged Gulls (at least that’s what we think - we’d appreciate a
correction if the id in the photo is incorrect).
Black Phoebe near Tillamook Air Museum
Peregrine Falcon near Tillamook River
Black Turnstone on Salmon River during ASLC field trip
Fox Sparrow near River House on Salmon River
Thousands of American Wigeons on various flooded pastures and ponds in
Tillamook area (also identified at least a couple of Eurasian Wigeons in the
mix).

Here is a link to photos of some of the above:

https://goo.gl/photos/a56JpJfqbin88w9o7

Considering how the weather was, all in all a very good weekend!

Good birding to all!
--
Nagi & Taghrid